Welcome to handball at the worldOutgames 2013.
Make sure to register and receive updates and more information about your sport!
Hope to see you all in Antwerp!
You can use this Excel form to register your team. Please follow the instructions in the document.
Preliminary rounds: pool system
Final rounds: knockout system
A men and women division is foreseen. Mixed teams will be allowed and will be playing in the men's division. A mixed team has at least 3 women!
If you have no team, you can sign up as an individual. We will find you a team on the day itself!
Timespan: we foresee 5 days, but the exact days of play depend on the number of the teams entered.
The men's preliminary rounds will be played on Monday and Tuesday, 5 and 6 August. Each team plays three matches in a pool of four and a ranking will be made based on the results. The top two of each pool continue in the tournament and play the A-final. The last two teams of each pool will be playing in the B-final.
The knockouts will be played on Thursday and Friday, 8 and 9 August.
The women's competition will be played on Wednesday, 7 August. They will play all in one big pool, where each team plays against all the others. At the end of the day the final ranking will be made, based on the results of the different matches.
A detailed schedule will be provided when we know how many teams will participate in the handball competition. We reserve the right to change the number of play days, number of teams in each pool and time of play if we consider it necessary for the smoothness of the tournament.
- Men play 2 x 20 minutes with 10 minutes rest, women play 2 x 15 minutes with 5 minutes rest.
- Every team plays at least three games in the pool and at least one or two games in the A or B final.
- All players must wear appropriate indoor sport shoes!
- It is recommended that all teams bring their own balls. We will retain some balls in reserve, but we can't guarantee enough playing balls for everyone!
- A team consists of minimum 7 and maximum 13 players
- Water will be provided by the organizations, but other drinks and food have to be purchased in the cafeteria next to the sports hall.
This location is accessible by public transport. Once the travel times from the bus company for 2013 are known, this information will be communicated on our website.
Bronze, silver and gold medals for each category.
If you don't like football, then maybe handball is the sport for you! Instead of your feet you use your hands to pass the ball and try to score as many goals as you can. A good condition, strong arms and a good mentality are all the things you need to excel at this fast-paced indoor sport. Very attractive to look at, it will definitely be a top competition at the worldOutgames!
*All organizations mentioned are preferred partners